- 2 Xantrex XPower Powerpack 1500
- Used for mainly lighting and small appliances. The 4 converted lamps will run at 12v instead of using the 120v converter on the battery packs. There is no loss converting then.
- We will charge the solar panel during the daytime. Then at night or when the heater is running off the generator we will charge up these packs. One will be used while the other is charging.
- 1 Sunforce 80 watt solar panel
- 4 converted 120v lamps to 12v – I cut the 120v plug from the lamp wire and attached the 12vDC Car Power Adapters. Then instead of 120v light bulbs I use 12v bulbs.
the "meat and potatoes" of homesteading